HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
my98mugen

Best Exhaust

20 posts in this topic

Let me hear you guys battle it out and tell me what the best full exhust is best for the BRP.

-and it must have the capability to pass sound.

From what I've heard stock with the HRC tip. Save your money and get your suspension redone. Do a search, you will find more than enough reading on aftermarket exhaust.

I've hear the same, drill it and ride it!!!

I have the fmf titanium with power bomb header, the thing rips but is pretty loud i dont know ifit'll pass sound. I wanttto replace it with the Q pipe down the road.

Dang things have plenty of power, and you really just want to open it uup so the engine runs liike it should.

Mike

I prefer the White Bros. E-series W/12 disc and stock header.

It passes 96db.

It is lower profile.

Sounds much better.

Looks much better.

I could definately feel the difference down low over the stock opened pipe. Much more grunt and back pressure.

I really don't get up into 5th gear that much, but never had a problem with it wide-open either.

I have broken it twice though on the weld from the pipe to the can, bad design that I think has since been fixed.

You will definately get more out of your money if you get the suspension done first.

:naughty:

I havent tried the Sisters pipe. IF JA says its good-thats enough for me.

i have heard others with older WB pipes complain of the rear fender melting. not sure if thats still an issue.

I love the OEM pipe with the HRC tip or drilled stock tip. The HRC has about 1" more screen--otherwise they are the same. Performance is very similar either way.

The OEM pipe is super reliable, takes it when crashing, is out of the way, no re-packing, never cracks, etc. Performance is very very good.

Just dont buy a Big Gun or other MX designed pipe that was bent to fit a 650R!

I'm happy with the FMF Q..... :naughty:

Frankstr, are you on an XRR or an L? Are you uncorked? And, how much more thump did you get out of it?

For some crazy reason, my pipe ALWAYS gets left out, and in my opinion (and in the opinion of MANY pro riders), it is the best of the best. Pro Circuit T-4.......Best sound, best power, maybe not the best price, but well worth it :naughty:

For some crazy reason, my pipe ALWAYS gets left out, and in my opinion (and in the opinion of MANY pro riders), it is the best of the best. Pro Circuit T-4.......Best sound, best power, maybe not the best price, but well worth it

WORD....... :naughty:

Pwr Bomb and WB R4 runs cool, power excellent, no hesitation, mileage great, light weight, no melting fender, louder than I'd like when your on it, but not bad if you take it easy in noise sensitive areas.

Just got a 2000 XR650R with the standard pipe which sounds great, just wondering if this is ok for use on Uk roads. :naughty:

I have the White Bros. E2. Whith the quiet tip on, it is like 92 DB, very quiet, and makes the same power is the stock exhaust with HRC tip. Change the quiet tip to the competition tip and it makes quite a difference midrange through top end.

Chris

Supertrapp IDS2 is pretty quiet on mine,... doesn't have quite the HP gain of other brands, but is cheaper than most, a lot lighter, very good construction ... looks a helluva lot better than the WWII-surplus diesel muffler it came with ...

I agree with the first response. Spend the money on suspension first. I did that first then put a FMF PowerCore full system on my Pig. It works really well and has a quiet insert that makes it as quiet as my KTM with a "Q" Series on it.