Rear Shock Rebuild

I want to change the oil on the rear shock of my YZ450F. I know I will need to bring it to a shop to have the nitrogen recharged, but other than that is this a straight forward operation? I've changed topends and rebuilt my forks using the Yamaha onwers manual and hoped to do the same with the shock.

Thanks.

Where do you live?

I want to change the oil on the rear shock of my YZ450F. I know I will need to bring it to a shop to have the nitrogen recharged, but other than that is this a straight forward operation? I've changed topends and rebuilt my forks using the Yamaha owners manual and hoped to do the same with the shock.

Thanks.

If you can do your forks you can do your shock. Its actually quite simple. I struggled with the snap ring were the shock guts come out but that was the only hiccup, if you do a search there are some instructions on this. go for it and and dont hurt your arm from patting yourself on the back.

Thanks for the reply. I found some info online and it seems to be a straight forward job. I'll hit it this week.

My arm always hurts from giving myself congrats.