HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shawnwt

Stock exhaust mod

10 posts in this topic

Had some extra time so I made a little insert, excuse the weld I'm still learning to gas weld. Just took some 1"1/2 muffler pipe and used the old insert . Still keeps the noise down.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/shawnwt/101-0180_IMG.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/shawnwt/101-0179_IMG.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/shawnwt/101-0178_IMG.jpg

Pics wont come up! Really interested in seeing what you did though. I just acquired an '05 can for my '04 and was considering doing the same thing. My buddy just bought an '05 and didn't like the "look" of the euro type exhaust so I traded out with him. Nice trade, I thought, but will want to do the mods to it.

I'm using The JDJetting Kit , I like it alot. Running a 170 MJ 145PJ

The kits blue needle with the clip in the 3rd groove from top. These settings

as per JDJettting sea level to 4000' Elev. I run the fuel mixture screw 11/2 -

2/12 turns..I know there is still room to tweak the jetting but the bike run,s

fine for me. All the free mods have been done.Throttle stop,grey wire,airbox

and that dam air pump...

nice job bascicblues I'll learn how to post some pictures one day. I also took out the inner baffle. I was able to grind down the inner spot welds with a long die grinder,then nocked it out with a punch.I didn't want two remove the back baffle for fear of being too loud. I see that your removing both of the baffles let us know how the performance and noise levels turn out when your

done. With the one baffle removed and the mod I did to the insert it still keeps the noise and performance is good for me.

nice job bascicblues I'll learn how to post some pictures one day. I also took out the inner baffle. I was able to grind down the inner spot welds with a long die grinder,then nocked it out with a punch.I didn't want two remove the back baffle for fear of being too loud. I see that your removing both of the baffles let us know how the performance and noise levels turn out when your

done. With the one baffle removed and the mod I did to the insert it still keeps the noise and performance is good for me.

I guess since I don't have a long die grinder to grind down the inner welds I never thought of grinding from the inside out but that's certainly a good idea. The inner weld are smaller, I sure it still was a pretty good job though. You were right on track from the start with your mod before PMB insert was introduced.