Stock exhaust mod

all those links are broken

Pics wont come up! Really interested in seeing what you did though. I just acquired an '05 can for my '04 and was considering doing the same thing. My buddy just bought an '05 and didn't like the "look" of the euro type exhaust so I traded out with him. Nice trade, I thought, but will want to do the mods to it.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting pictures of my modified 05 exhaust this weekend.

patiently waiting :naughty:

What jetting set up are you using with this exhaust? :naughty:

I'm using The JDJetting Kit , I like it alot. Running a 170 MJ 145PJ

The kits blue needle with the clip in the 3rd groove from top. These settings

as per JDJettting sea level to 4000' Elev. I run the fuel mixture screw 11/2 -

2/12 turns..I know there is still room to tweak the jetting but the bike run,s

fine for me. All the free mods have been done.Throttle stop,grey wire,airbox

and that dam air pump...

I will be uploading the photo's of my 05' exhaust mod shortly. Since this thread already has large photo's I will post the new information in my original thread link below.

EXHAUST THREAD

nice job bascicblues I'll learn how to post some pictures one day. I also took out the inner baffle. I was able to grind down the inner spot welds with a long die grinder,then nocked it out with a punch.I didn't want two remove the back baffle for fear of being too loud. I see that your removing both of the baffles let us know how the performance and noise levels turn out when your

done. With the one baffle removed and the mod I did to the insert it still keeps the noise and performance is good for me.

nice job bascicblues I'll learn how to post some pictures one day. I also took out the inner baffle. I was able to grind down the inner spot welds with a long die grinder,then nocked it out with a punch.I didn't want two remove the back baffle for fear of being too loud. I see that your removing both of the baffles let us know how the performance and noise levels turn out when your

done. With the one baffle removed and the mod I did to the insert it still keeps the noise and performance is good for me.

I guess since I don't have a long die grinder to grind down the inner welds I never thought of grinding from the inside out but that's certainly a good idea. The inner weld are smaller, I sure it still was a pretty good job though. You were right on track from the start with your mod before PMB insert was introduced.