HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevin_in_Michigan

New WR400 owner has questions..............

5 posts in this topic

I recently (yesterday) purchased a 99 wr400 that is street legal. So far I love it--Starts fairly easy and it idles . The guy I bought it from did not remove the throttle block nor did he do the yz timing. he last bike I owned was a 92 Honda cr500 and rode it til 97-- I think the wr rips pretty good now--how much of an improvement is the timing and throttle jobs ? Looking at the tech tips area, the throttle stop looks fairly easy but I am unsure of what the stop is. Is it the pin that is pulled out by the pliers that needs to be cut down or after the pin is pulled the stop is then accessible ? Any help would be appreciated and this is got to be the best board on the net !!!!! Thanks--Kevin in Michigan

the throttle stop makes a worl of difference and also pulling out the cork in the muffler does as well. you will be riding a totally different motorcycle with these two changes.

The throttle stop is the pin that is pulled out w/ a pliers. The throttle linkage will butt up against it as the thottle is opened. You are only getting half throttle with it in.

------------------

99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards , Acerbis Hand Guards. Canada for 2001...???