Supermoto wheels from racers bikes?

Hello guys,

I've seen some people using wheels from some street racer bikes to convert their WR's to do supermoto, does anybody knows what work does this involve and witch rims i need to buy? I'm a machinist so i dont have to pay to machine these.

Thanks for any help! :naughty:

MAG wheels are a BAD idea for a supermoto conversion. unless they are free and your have machine shop access.

they bend very easily :naughty::naughty:

MAG wheels are a BAD idea for a supermoto conversion. unless they are free and your have machine shop access.

they bend very easily :D:naughty:

I agree with simon here, UNLESS you are ONLY riding on the street. Then, you should be fine with mag's. I wouldn't attempt ANY off-road/jumps with cast alloy mag's, they WILL bend/shatter/self-destruct.....

If you're gonna stick to the street, then CBR250RR wheels, or RGV250 Suzuki wheels both can be modified to suit WR's. :naughty: Do a search, there was a thread recently.....

Thanks for the info guys!

I will mainly go on the road but i always tend to get offroad so i would better get a set of real supermoto wheels.

you can machine the spacers on pre-'03 ktm wheels to get them to fit your wr. They tend to be cheaper.