HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riderman329

Clutch hub question urgent!

7 posts in this topic

Got my clutch assembly off to replace the shifter shaft as it was chewin' up the seal cuz the shaft was galled. Upon reassembly, the locking washer for the hub now only has one of the bend up ears to lock the hub fastening nut, as the missing one fell off in my hand, when I checked it to see if it was useable. Will the one tab be sufficient to lock the nut?

Got my clutch assembly off to replace the shifter shaft as it was chewin' up the seal cuz the shaft was galled. Upon reassembly, the locking washer for the hub now only has one of the bend up ears to lock the hub fastening nut, as the missing one fell off in my hand, when I checked it to see if it was useable. Will the one tab be sufficient to lock the nut?

This is not a reusable part.

if one side of the ear fell off how reliable do you think the other ear is :naughty:

BUY A NEW ONE

My buddy with a 426 has to replace his clutch basket, inner hub and pressure plate because his clutch hub nut backed off when the retaining ears broke off. In the past I have re-used them, but after what happened to him, I wouldn't risk it...

Thanks, i may not be able to get one today, so i can race tomorrow!

can you make a temp one from sheetmetal? I would not race with that and feel confident that it would not give....

I believe it. It fits almost all late YZ's and the guys in the shop probably use them by the handful.