Need 2nd Clutch in one Year

Howdy,

I got a 2004 YZ450F and now need my second Clutch since it was new.

The first one totaly burned out during a race and now the second one seems to be totaly weared out because the shifter at the Motor is all open and can`t any more adjusted.

Is that Normal or what did I wrong??

I change Oil every 3 hours and I use 10W40 non syntetic oil

Of course I use the clutch out of corners but :naughty::naughty:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Uwe

Howdy,

I got a 2004 YZ450F and now need my second Clutch since it was new.

The first one totaly burned out during a race and now the second one seems to be totaly weared out because the shifter at the Motor is all open and can`t any more adjusted.

Is that Normal or what did I wrong??

I change Oil every 3 hours and I use 10W40 non syntetic oil

Of course I use the clutch out of corners but :naughty::naughty:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Uwe

If this is the case you use your clutch way too much.....like a 2smoke - Most of us only use the clutch for starts and corner stability/speed - I have had 6 of these blue bikes - they shift just fine w/o using the damn clutch....

Go buy a complete Hinson - that is the most durable clutch to own for hard use or any use period.

Also maybe you are trying to roost every corner - by heavily clutching/popping it out at the end of the apex - this will kill a clutch in a 4stroke - looks cool though eh?

You mentioned that you use 10-40w but didn't mention what brand. Make sure that your oil doesn't have the "energy conserving" stamp on the back. If it does this is your problem.

I use Castro ActEvo 10-40 Synth, running a Rekluse Zstart clutch as well and works just fine

check your adjustment. you should have an 1/8 inch play at the perch. that means there is an 1/8 inch between the lever and the perch. if it is adjusted to tight, our clutch could be slipping the whole time your riding. LOL

Thanks Guys for the posts.

My Weight is about 90KG at 6`2``

For the mention using Steel Plates instead Aluminum, i heard yesterday the opposite side from a Pro Racer.

He told me using Aluminum Plates and 1 set more than usual and since than he never need a clutch change again :naughty::naughty:

Maybe that works.

It just sounds like you abuse your clutch or use it like a two stroke. Most of my buddies have never changed their clutch on the their 4 strokes, let alone change it twice in a year. They race too. I use mine to shift but not to slip. That will eat it up.