HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woody12

cam and starter

6 posts in this topic

if i advance my exhaust cam timing to yz timing and loose the auto decomp will i have problems with the electric start?

i'd say so, just get the yz cam :naughty: i read somewhere you can press the cam sprocket apart and put it back to yz spec? i wouldn't trust it but its probly cheaper.

Pressing the sprocket off and re-timing is only cheaper if you do it yourself. Once in place; I'd TIG weld that puppy in place. They one guy that I know that does it says he's never seen one come apart.

Moving the cam gear does not fix the autocompression release problem. I have a YZ cam in my 450 and compared them when I made the switch. The WR and the YZ have different length pins to compensate for the change in cam timing. I know some guys claim that the WR cam works with it advanced but as finicky as the estart can be on these bikes I would go with the YZ cam.