Glowing orange header

Hey, anyone having the same problem I have. I just got a new 05 Wr450FT and am in the process of breaking it in. The header glows orange after about 10-15 min. of easy riding. I have removed the AIS and have rejetted it to a #170 main blue needle 4th clip and still it runs hot. Will this condition fade as I break it in longer. By the way I am running 92 octane pump gas. Will 95 + help this at all? :naughty:

My buddy just bought a 05 Wr450, and when we got back from our first night ride the header was glowing red which we thought was normal at the time and it was. The next day we went out on another ride for about two hours, and come back to camp for a cold one. As we get off the bikes our friends dog comes over and decides to walk through the front tire and where the exhaust header was. Well to make a long story short I stared to smell something burning and just when I started to say something the dog lets out this big yelp. You can just imagine what that dogs back looked like. Poor guy, he had no idea what he got himself into. Dont worry the dog is ok now but where he was bunred about a 2 inch by 5 inch spot his hair wont come back. A little reminder for him next time i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason the thing glows is because the pipe is single walled. Most streetbikes have double wall headers and typically won't glow. Running lean or rich, it ain't going to matter. Ti pipes are even thinner than stainless and will glow more!

• 2 weeks later...

when you change your oil, you have to warm up the bike first right? yeah i did that, and when i bent down to loosen some of the bolts, my knuckle grazed, barely touched the pipe, and it sounded like hamburger meat on a skillet. burned a big patch of skin clean off my knuckle, and that was after just letting it idle for 3 minutes.

when you change your oil, you have to warm up the bike first right? yeah i did that, and when i bent down to loosen some of the bolts, my knuckle grazed, barely touched the pipe, and it sounded like hamburger meat on a skillet. burned a big patch of skin clean off my knuckle, and that was after just letting it idle for 3 minutes.

I just lost my newbie status with this post! :D:naughty::naughty::D