HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426_Pilot

Yoshimura on ebay for 426

7 posts in this topic

As much as I'd like to get a new bike I just can't justify it - which brings me to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35596&item=4538716387&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

I need a spark arrestor if I go to the mountains to ride. I mainly do MX but will occasionally need a spark arrestor. Just buying a s/a for thstock pipe will cost 125.00 from ProMotoBillet. Is this a good exhaust and is this a good price? If you don't want to click on the link, it is a Yoshi RS-3 for $170.00.

My 426 came with the same pipe. In my old man opinion it's too damn loud. I even spent coin for the quieter insert and it's still to damn loud.

Of course some people like loud, so :naughty:

If it came with the pipe, I guess you don't know the difference in performance from stock. Is this a fair assumption?

If it came with the pipe, I guess you don't know the difference in performance from stock. Is this a fair assumption?

Yup! :naughty:

I'm riding blind, but that's okay, for I was blind when I learned . :naughty:

The PMB end cap is an economical choice if you want a spark arrestor. But I can tell you from experience that you will lose a little bit of low and mid range crispness (power) even with the screen out. The exhaust nozzle transition could be designed better, for better flow/power characteristics. I went back to the stock end cap. Loud, but you gotta love the power delivery :naughty: .

I am not crazy of buying from ebay so i think you should go to morepowerracing and see the prices of them.