426 hotcam mod or 450 cam mod

ok the is the auto-decompresion cam made for the yz426 that is made by hotcam and then there is the 450 cam mod , so what is the difference are they both going to work the same, i think the hot cam is alot more expensive the the 450 cam but what works better, thanks

I have about 70 hours on a 03 450 cam and can see no sign of wear on the cam or the chain. I don't know anything about the hot cams, but have heard they recommend changing both the exhaust and intake.

For a $135.00 - go get a 03 450 cam

Having installed both, save yourself some money and go with the 450 cam. You don't have the marks to line up the cam with the 450 cam but I just counted the links in between in the picture and it fired right up.

ok thanks guys, and if i get the 450 cam i would get the 03 right

oh never mind i didnt see that u said that in your reply

i think the Hot cams has the correct sprocket and the 03 450 doesnt. but from testamonieals will work, i will go with the HC due to it being right and not kinda so to say half a$$ed but workable.lol

i think the Hot cams has the correct sprocket and the 03 450 doesnt. but from testamonieals will work, i will go with the HC due to it being right and not kinda so to say half a$$ed but workable.lol

Wow..."half assed". Some of us were running the 03 Decomp cam a year before HotCams came out and the bikes are still running with no documented failures!!! Go ahead...shell out the extra money, get a cam that is no more durable, save no more wear and actually gives less of a power advantage than a stock 03 cam. .....if for some reason paying more and getting less turns you on....

Wow..."half assed". Some of us were running the 03 Decomp cam a year before HotCams came out and the bikes are still running with no documented failures!!! Go ahead...shell out the extra money, get a cam that is no more durable, save no more wear and actually gives less of a power advantage than a stock 03 cam. .....if for some reason paying more and getting less turns you on....

Don't listen to Satch, he's high on ping-aling smoke. Buy the OEM cam, then stick the extra money you would have spent on the HotCam in an envelope and send it to me!

Don't listen to Satch, he's high on ping-aling smoke. Buy the OEM cam, then stick the extra money you would have spent on the HotCam in an envelope and send it to me!

Yah whos Satch?? He has no validity in this place!!! I'll take half of whatever cowboyona426 doesnt want :naughty:

By the way get the OEM Cam dont listen to the guy who sais to go Hot Cam,its not a half assed or mickey mouse job being done!!

whatever..... :naughty::naughty: