HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRZBigB

Fork Seal - 2003 WR450F

7 posts in this topic

Leaking fork seal...

Going to disassemble it tonight, and try the "Business Card" method to see if there is some dirt trapped in the oil seal or dust seal..

Any tricks or methods to cleaning/replacing the oil seals?

I don't have the special tool - what else works well? PVC?

Thanks..

Yesterday I pulled down the first seal then the clip off the next seal and used a photo negative and went around them a few times and it worked great! No leaks at all. Try it. :naughty:

Did my 99 WR forks last night, they took like 2 hours. I would try the film negative before the card cause I think they contour bette :naughty: r. Good luck.

When they start leaking again get your self some good seals. Ask around, you'lle find em1

Good Luck, KaBooM

Leaking fork seal...

Going to disassemble it tonight, and try the "Business Card" method to see if there is some dirt trapped in the oil seal or dust seal..

Thanks..

When they start leaking again get your self some good seals. Ask around, you'lle find em

Good Luck, KaBooM

Leaking fork seal...

Thanks..

Took them apart lastnight, and cleaned the crap out of them - there was some mud and fine baja sand that was wedged in the oil seal... I think that was causing the leaking... Business card worked well... Couldn't find a film negative.. All the cameras are digital now..

Soo far soo good - Put 1.5 NEW quarts of Fork Oil and cleaned all the seals, piston metal, all the cool little parts those forks have in them... Impressive.

Now it can be done in 15 minutes rather than hours...

I think "Seal Savers" are in order and BETTER new seals all together..

Any suggestions for oil seals and dust seals?