spokes for rear wheel

Where in Texas are you? I used to live there and got most of my parts from a small independent shop in Denton. I trashed my '01 rear hub/spokes when my sprocket bolts worked themselves loose and I went with Excel spokes from this guy. He gives a discount and these Excel spokes came with nipples that were sort of like a "sprocket". These are awesome, 'cause you can't strip or disfigure the nipple. They come with a wrench - just don't lose the wrench!

I am feeling your pain. A certain Yamihauler dealer near Denton wants 100 bucks just to true my wheel, that's after I already laced it for them. Guess it's my fault for not being more self-sufficient.

I am feeling your pain. A certain Yamihauler dealer near Denton wants 100 bucks just to true my wheel, that's after I already laced it for them. Guess it's my fault for not being more self-sufficient.

Wow thats high! I work for a shop that only charges $52.50 to relace wheels.

Lacing rims isn't all that hard but no shop should charge you more than $60-$70 to lace and true a wheel for you. Now if you have the tires on it still, I can see them charging you an extra $10-$15 to take it off and put it back on.

As far as spokes go, go with the excel spokes with spline-drive nipples. They won't strip and are extremely nice. :naughty: