HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slowrider

spokes for rear wheel

11 posts in this topic

Where in Texas are you? I used to live there and got most of my parts from a small independent shop in Denton. I trashed my '01 rear hub/spokes when my sprocket bolts worked themselves loose and I went with Excel spokes from this guy. He gives a discount and these Excel spokes came with nipples that were sort of like a "sprocket". These are awesome, 'cause you can't strip or disfigure the nipple. They come with a wrench - just don't lose the wrench!

Yamaha only sells them by the set, I hate to say this but if you only need a few go to your local Honda dealer, they sell them individually for the CRF and they will fit a YZF.

My Yamaha dealer sells them individually, but at like $5 each. Still better than springing for the whole set though.......

I live in San Antonio, the yamaha shop seems high they want 116 for the set and 200 to relace the rear wheel and thats if i take it off, hell i could buy entire rear wheel for that price.

I am feeling your pain. A certain Yamihauler dealer near Denton wants 100 bucks just to true my wheel , that's after I already laced it for them. Guess it's my fault for not being more self-sufficient.

I am feeling your pain. A certain Yamihauler dealer near Denton wants 100 bucks just to true my wheel , that's after I already laced it for them. Guess it's my fault for not being more self-sufficient.

Wow thats high! I work for a shop that only charges $52.50 to relace wheels.

Lacing rims isn't all that hard but no shop should charge you more than $60-$70 to lace and true a wheel for you. Now if you have the tires on it still, I can see them charging you an extra $10-$15 to take it off and put it back on.

As far as spokes go, go with the excel spokes with spline-drive nipples. They won't strip and are extremely nice. :naughty: