HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbeck76

How far can you get on a tank????

5 posts in this topic

I was just curious how far you all are getting on a tank of gas. I have a basically stock 04 WR450 it has the free mods and insert but stock tank. I understand terrain, speed and all that factors in but I was just curious to see what you guys are getting kinda get a ball park. I am starting to get back into riding again this is my first fourstroke. So far its awesome I love it.

Thanks

Last summer while riding a scenic trail (4x4 trail) I went over 80 miles on a tank. In the mountains it seems to be more like 60-70 miles. I dont ride real hard like alot of these guys so see what they say.

On my 03 with an IMS 3 gallon I ran out at 150. I was conserving big time trying to make it to the next town. I didn't make it but had a half a gallon in my backpack.. Mileage varies, WOT for a couple of hours and you might get 30mpg, all depends...

Rode 160 mile this weekend. IMS 4.0 Tank, all speeds and terrains. Filed it with a gallon at lunch just cause and then had plenty when we got home. The fill up was at like mile 40. Rode it like I stole it very impressed with the fuel consumption. Go big tank it's good piece of mind for longer rides and less headaches.

:naughty:

I have a 01 wr 426 and if I am riding like I should be it gets about 100 miles to the tank ( 3.4 gal ). Do the math about 28 to 29 mpg. However if I rode like a girl I could probably get 125mpg out of it with no spinning the tire and no over revving....But what fun would that be? :naughty: