raising forks

I'm a hair under 5'10" and considering raising my forks about 8mm. Has anyone else my heighth performed this and did it help? I'm an east coast, rocky, tight trail rider. I understand how the geometry will change, but am wondering is it worth it? Thanks.

Chris

Hey c2,

I'm 5'11 and am very pleased with my forks raised 6mm. I ride similar types of terrian and have found that 6mm is just about ideal. I found that I did loose a bit of high speed stability, above 4th gear. If you have a stabilizer everything seems to even out perfectly though.

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

Thanx for the response. I raised mine tonight and I'm happy I did. Did you mess with you handlebars after you moved the forks?

Chris

Originally posted by JJ:

Hey c2,

I'm 5'11 and am very pleased with my forks raised 6mm. I ride similar types of terrian and have found that 6mm is just about ideal. I found that I did loose a bit of high speed stability, above 4th gear. If you have a stabilizer everything seems to even out perfectly though.