Set up for a heavy rider?

Just started riding within the last year and I'm on a 04 YZ450. Haven't done much at all to really test the suspension, just some trails, no air much at all. However last weekend I spent a great deal time of some trails with some pretty decent whoops and I started getting off the ground just a bit and I'm looking at making the right adjustments and having the right spring for the job. The problem is that I just finished a college football career as an offensive lineman and while I'm dropping the pounds, I'm still around 265-270. Now I'm not looking to be flying through the air all that much, so hard landings aren't much of an issue. I just haven't done much in the suspension department and figured I would check and see if anyone had any insight. Any tips are welcome. Thanks.

You need a 6.4kg on the rear and .52s on the front,you will need them regardless of a revalve so I would try them first and if you feel they need some revalving you can get that afterwards..I know the spring rates are correct cause I am the same weight

Cheers

I play football and weigh in at 220lbs. I have .49s and a 5.8 rear

Hey guys, I'm a big one too 250-260lbs...can you break down your explanation a bit more for a guy that is new to all of this?

What does 49s and 5.8 rear mean, specifically?

Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm a big one too 250-260lbs...can you break down your explanation a bit more for a guy that is new to all of this?

What does 49s and 5.8 rear mean, specifically?

Thanks.

It is the spring rate. The stiffness of the springs. The .49 would be the forks and the 5.8 would be the shock. I'm looking into getting my suspension redone also if anybody knows where to send it.

How would one go about changing the spring rate on the forks?

Order new springs and change them out. I just emailed Jeff Howe at Trakcontrol Dynamics. I have read good thing about him and I am going to pull my bike apart this weekend and send the shock and forks to him.

setting your bike up for your weight is the best upgrade dollar for dollar.you wont believe the difference in handling