Pimp my ride

Just bought new 04 WR450.

Just finished break in procedure.

need the skinny on how to make it fly like like my YZ. I bought the YZ throttle stop screw (not installed yet) Exhaust spark arrester has been removed. I got the lowdown on the Grey wire issue from forum posts. Is there airbox mods such as screen removal or any other restrictive junk in that box or on the pre carb side that needs to be removed or blocked off. should I rejet with provided yamaha jets or do you recommed a JD kit , if so what settings in the JD kit?

Bike is general riden from 500 to 2500 elevation.

any suggestions, Brothers of Blue? :)

Welcome to TT :)

Information you can't find here, you don't need it :) make a search for "free mods" and "jetting".

Just bought new 04 WR450.

Weeee....

Is there airbox mods such as screen removal or any other restrictive junk in that box or on the pre carb side that needs to be removed or blocked off?

Yes. You can remove the airbox snorkle. Its a pain to remove, but it'll open the box up 1/3 more.

should I rejet with provided yamaha jets or do you recommed a JD kit , if so what settings in the JD kit?

JD Kit by far - his tapered needles are worth the money. As far as settings go, do a search for posts by Indy_WR450 on jetting. He has really good info on the jet settings.

M.

It looks like you have all the info already.. Just jet the bike to run at its fullest potential. The JD kit has a good reputation here and makes jetting a snap.

Welcome... :)

Thanks guys. Thats what I needed, someone to point me in the right direction to get my WR to its fullest potential. :)