HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XriderR00

carbon fiber heat shield

5 posts in this topic

I bought a carbon fiber heat shield and I need to put it on my new gyt-r titanium header. The shield was for a 450f I believe, but the bend of it is not far off my gytr header. There are no mounting bolts on the header so I was thinking I could use some type of hose clamp to put it on.

Can anyone help me out with what to do here? This is the guard

c4_1_b.JPG

I've seen heat shields put on with clamps, but I don't know which clamp is the right kind. I don't want to spend money on getting anything welded :)

PhotoShow.aspx?fn=2005031904080936f91396af358243fdbe68f783cf0215a8&W=640&H=480

I welded studs onto my PC t-4 header and used "acorn" nuts to finish it out. BTW..I used the same exact shield

I001.jpg

Get universal CV boot clamps from any local part store. You need the tool to install them but it's really inexpensive. They are stainless steel and when installed correctly won't come loose. They are very low profile.

Get universal CV boot clamps from any local part store. You need the tool to install them but it's really inexpensive. They are stainless steel and when installed correctly won't come loose. They are very low profile.

What tool do I need to install them? Have you used the clamps and tool?

OK I looked up the CV boot clamps... How would these thangs help

cv.JPG

Would i be drilling a hole through the band and then putting a screw in with the threads facing up? :)