HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
02YZ426

Ceramic coating header vs wraping

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys... I need a few suggestions about Ceramic coating vs wraping my header.. Now that my yz is street legal, I need to find a way to keep the heat off my radiator so it doesn't boil over at stoplights. Do you think that ceramic coating the header will do a good enough job, or should I get some good header wrap. I seen this stuff and wondered if it would last http://www.motomadness.com/eshopprod_cat_1031-4951-5649_product_90875.Exhaust_Wrap.htm Is this the stuff that I've heard people in this forum say will fall off? Thanks for the help....James :)

I would do neither of these, but bend a sheet of aluminum into a heat shield to put between them.

And then, I would not be surpised when it boiled over anyway. The heat from the exhaust isn't really that big a part of the problem.

I also considerd on running an electric fan that I could turn on if I'm stuck idleing too long. Think that combined with a heat shield would be enough to keep the engine from cooking?

i wrapped my exhaust about 6 months ago. ive rode in everything from sand, desert, rocks, streams, mud, whatever you can think of and i havent had any problems with mine falling off. a little piece got torn while it was wet riding thru a really heavy bushy area but it didnt cause any problems. i had plenty left over because it came as a 50ft roll so i just added a little over the tear. it keeps from burning my pants too.

i wrapped my exhaust about 6 months ago. ive rode in everything from sand, desert, rocks, streams, mud, whatever you can think of and i havent had any problems with mine falling off. a little piece got torn while it was wet riding thru a really heavy bushy area but it didnt cause any problems. i had plenty left over because it came as a 50ft roll so i just added a little over the tear. it keeps from burning my pants too.

Is the wrap you used like the one I posted in this thread?