HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
portlandchamp

Exhaust glowing BRIGHT red..

26 posts in this topic

Will someone please tell me if this is normal? I have an '03 YZ450F with FMF Ti4 full exhaust system and the bomber. If I start it up for even one minute it glowes all the way to the bomber. It has a zip-ty needle adjuster that I have turned out 2 turns.. Any help?? thanks...

I wonder how many threads would popup if you did a search on this... Its totally normal, just go enjoy your bike with the FMF setup :)

I wonder how many threads would popup if you did a search on this... Its totally normal, just go enjoy your bike with the FMF setup :)

Ask and ye shall receive!!!

Search Results

This is also only searching on a few of the key words, you could look up "cherry" or something like that and get a lot more.

They should make this question a sticky!!
It is on the 250F forum :)

The trouble is, a lot of people don't read it. :)

Thanks for the help everyone.. Looks like this is a common question. Now I know how to search for past posts..

OH OH!! Did not no this phenomena existed! So I ran out to the garage cranked her up and sure enough the header started to glow bright red. Scared me so I tore down the motor with 10 hours on it (04 yzf450).

Just messing the glowing header is NORMAL!!!!!! :)

This is actually a legitimate question... It does get asked a lot, but just because everyone has seen it doesn't mean it should just be dismissed.

Last night I took my carb apart and tinkered with it a little then put it back on the bike and cranked her up. Within a minute or so the exhaust was bright red; brighter than I have ever seen it before.

Then I ran the bike and it was popping and running like shit so I brought it back into the garage. While i wiped away a few drops of antifreeze that spilled out, I pondered the problem for a bit and narrowed it down to the hotstart that didn't feel right. After taking it apart again, I discovered the hot start was stuck open somehow.

I fixed it then cranked it back up. It ran a bunch better, and only glowed a pale orange instead of bright red.

Big difference.

Before just yelling at these guys, at least make sure they check the obvious things first. :naughty:

This is actually a legitimate question... It does get asked a lot, but just because everyone has seen it doesn't mean it should just be dismissed.

Last night I took my carb apart and tinkered with it a little then put it back on the bike and cranked her up. Within a minute or so the exhaust was bright red; brighter than I have ever seen it before.

Then I ran the bike and it was popping and running like shit so I brought it back into the garage. While i wiped away a few drops of antifreeze that spilled out, I pondered the problem for a bit and narrowed it down to the hotstart that didn't feel right. After taking it apart again, I discovered the hot start was stuck open somehow.

I fixed it then cranked it back up. It ran a bunch better, and only glowed a pale orange instead of bright red.

Big difference.

Before just yelling at these guys, at least make sure they check the obvious things first. :naughty:

agreed then get the hotdogs and marshmellows..... :naughty: