Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
portlandchamp

Exhaust glowing BRIGHT red..

26 posts in this topic

Will someone please tell me if this is normal? I have an '03 YZ450F with FMF Ti4 full exhaust system and the bomber. If I start it up for even one minute it glowes all the way to the bomber. It has a zip-ty needle adjuster that I have turned out 2 turns.. Any help?? thanks...

I wonder how many threads would popup if you did a search on this... Its totally normal, just go enjoy your bike with the FMF setup :)

I wonder how many threads would popup if you did a search on this... Its totally normal, just go enjoy your bike with the FMF setup :)

Ask and ye shall receive!!!

Search Results

This is also only searching on a few of the key words, you could look up "cherry" or something like that and get a lot more.

They should make this question a sticky!!
It is on the 250F forum :)

The trouble is, a lot of people don't read it. :)

Thanks for the help everyone.. Looks like this is a common question. Now I know how to search for past posts..

OH OH!! Did not no this phenomena existed! So I ran out to the garage cranked her up and sure enough the header started to glow bright red. Scared me so I tore down the motor with 10 hours on it (04 yzf450).

Just messing the glowing header is NORMAL!!!!!! :)

This is actually a legitimate question... It does get asked a lot, but just because everyone has seen it doesn't mean it should just be dismissed.

Last night I took my carb apart and tinkered with it a little then put it back on the bike and cranked her up. Within a minute or so the exhaust was bright red; brighter than I have ever seen it before.

Then I ran the bike and it was popping and running like shit so I brought it back into the garage. While i wiped away a few drops of antifreeze that spilled out, I pondered the problem for a bit and narrowed it down to the hotstart that didn't feel right. After taking it apart again, I discovered the hot start was stuck open somehow.

I fixed it then cranked it back up. It ran a bunch better, and only glowed a pale orange instead of bright red.

Big difference.

Before just yelling at these guys, at least make sure they check the obvious things first. :naughty:

This is actually a legitimate question... It does get asked a lot, but just because everyone has seen it doesn't mean it should just be dismissed.

Last night I took my carb apart and tinkered with it a little then put it back on the bike and cranked her up. Within a minute or so the exhaust was bright red; brighter than I have ever seen it before.

Then I ran the bike and it was popping and running like shit so I brought it back into the garage. While i wiped away a few drops of antifreeze that spilled out, I pondered the problem for a bit and narrowed it down to the hotstart that didn't feel right. After taking it apart again, I discovered the hot start was stuck open somehow.

I fixed it then cranked it back up. It ran a bunch better, and only glowed a pale orange instead of bright red.

Big difference.

Before just yelling at these guys, at least make sure they check the obvious things first. :naughty:

agreed then get the hotdogs and marshmellows..... :naughty: