HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wkimmell

YZ426F Does not like to start in Cold/Cool Weather

5 posts in this topic

My 2000 YZ426F does not like to start when it is cold/cool outside. Basically, it will not start when the outside temperature is below 60 degrees. Other than that the bike runs like a champ!

I live in Missouri and I am unable to ride during the winter. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Bill

You need a biger starter jet. NOT the pilot jet...The Starter jet. The starter jet only works when the choke is on. A larger starter jet makes for a richer choke circuit.

Although if it is cold enough out you may need to go richer with the pilot, main, and needle. but if you are only aroun say 40-50 deg try one size bigger on the starter. Any colder and I would try playing with the jetting.

I ride year round with the stock starter jet. When it's colder I twist the throttle a few times. We have had a pretty mild winter so I guess if I had trouble keeping the bike running with the choke on I would try a bigger jet. I just have not had to.