Me & the boys at Camp Wood, AZ Prescott NF

Took my two older boys out to Camp Wood AZ last weekend. Conditions were epic, no dust, water in every drainage and no one there (except one guy wit his three sons, and I knew him as it turns out).

We're getting our gear on:

CampWood305004.jpg

Neal splashes through a small creek bottom

CampWood305013.jpg

Chase hot on his bro's tail - this dude is fearless

CampWood305014.jpg

Further on the trail is washed out as it follows the creek bottom

CampWood305015.jpg

CampWood305016.jpg

Later taking a break, the weather was beautiful.

CampWood305012.jpg

There's lot of blow downs across the trails, keep your eyes peeled

CampWood305010.jpg

A bit too rocky for the boys, had to turn around (we've already busted the 80 cases open one time doing stuff like this)

CampWood305008.jpg

Chase picks his way through another small creek

CampWood305007.jpg

Neal bringing up the rear this time

CampWood305006.jpg

"Uhh, Dad can you help?" This up hill section was pretty washed out just below where he's standing.

CampWood305019.jpg

A couple of scenery shots

CampWood305025.jpg

CampWood305027.jpg

We barely scratched the surface in one day, next time we'll camp out! A fun day we'll remember for a long time. ?

Hmm, Dad,

A little advice....have one of the Crew take a pic or two of YOU.

My 16 year old Daughter was looking for pics of me....or me and her....and we had NONE!!!! All the fun times it seems, I am doing the pic taking...give someone else the camera once in awhile, be IN a pic.....

Oh, and FANTASTIC pictures by the way....now if I could just convince my girlfriend to move.......

Hmm, Dad,

A little advice....have one of the Crew take a pic or two of YOU.

My 16 year old Daughter was looking for pics of me....or me and her....and we had NONE!!!! All the fun times it seems, I am doing the pic taking...give someone else the camera once in awhile, be IN a pic.....

Oh, and FANTASTIC pictures by the way....now if I could just convince my girlfriend to move.......

You're absolutely right! I'll pass off the camera more. Thanks for the tip. ?

mvanbogart - I live in Flagstaff, the Cinder Hills OHV area is only about 8 miles from my garage!! ? Don't ride there too much with the kids, it's kinda of a struggle to ride the soft stuff on the small bikes. But if you like monster hillclimbs the Cinders is the place to go.

sirhk - Camp Wood is about 1.25 hrs from downtown Prescott. Take Williamson Valley road (aka Yavapai County Rd 5) north to the end of the asphalt where it will intersect Yavapai County Rd 68. Take 68 about 15 miles west towards the mountains until you come to FR95. There's trails all over the place. ? It was almost a 3 hour drive for us but we'll be back!!

Sweet pics!

I have ridden there many times. Especially in the summer when it's hot here in Phoenix.

I actually rode my bike to Camp Wood once from Phoenix via Crown King, Prescott, and Skull Valley. All dirt roads and single-track with a short skip on the pavement. If I remember right it was about 170 miles to get there, meet my buddies, and then ride the trails. My ? was sore after that.

Great lookin family. ?

Those boys will be rock-hoppin down those washes in no time. Some of those trails are sweet when you hit the water-bars in the right place. ?

Took my two older boys out to Camp Wood AZ last weekend. Conditions were epic, no dust, water in every drainage...........

A bit too rocky for the boys, had to turn around (we've already busted the 80 cases open one time doing stuff like this)

CampWood305008.jpg

Neal bringing up the rear this time

CampWood305006.jpg

We barely scratched the surface in one day, next time we'll camp out! A fun day we'll remember for a long time. ?

Those are some GREAT pictures, I especially liked the two above!! Your boys are very lucky to have you for a dad that takes them out riding fun places like that!! ???

GOOD 4 U, after having enjoyed their childhood as much as these pictures show.......they will certainly remember to take care of you when your aged and needing care.........I HOPE!! :o:D:D

'XPLRN'

Jack-Thanks for the compliment! ?

Those are some GREAT pictures, I especially liked the two above!! Your boys are very lucky to have you for a dad that takes them out riding fun places like that!! ?:D?

GOOD 4 U, after having enjoyed their childhood as much as these pictures show.......they will certainly remember to take care of you when your aged and needing care.........I HOPE!! :D?:o

'XPLRN'

........We've already discussed that, I said, "be sure I have a hot looking nurse to help with my Depends and to spoon-feed me". :D:D