Edlebrock yes or no

First and foremost I must say that I am a proud BRP owner again. Back in December I decided to sell my '01 because my buddies all ride ORANGE and they talked me into going to the darkside. I had 250exc 2 stroker for 2 months and that was enough for me.

Any way I found a pretty clean '02. The guy had a pumper carb on it. I have done a search and read up on how well the Edlebrock works but I never had any problems with my '01 starting, even after a tip over. Hold the throttle wide open with the comp. release in, kick it through a few times to clean it out and it always fired right up. Is the throttle response that much better? I'm thinking about selling the carb to finance some other goodies that I would like to put on the bike, IMS pegs, applied top clamp and some pro tapers. Would this be a foolish thing to do? Thanks

I need a carb... if you decide to sell it... I picked up a basket case and need to find a carb for my 92/93 xr600

I'm not sure it would be compliant with an xr600. However, if you want to sell it I have an 02xr650r and am looking to get one.

you are looking for what... an xr 600?

All I can say is find another 650r with a properly tuned Edelbrock on it and see for yourself. Some people will readily notice the difference while others won't. Some people will find value in it while others won't. My father was perfectly happy with the stock stereo system in his car and can't tell much difference between my stereo system and his, but some people will notice the difference in sound quality and find value in it while others won't. The same holds true with the Edelbrock. There is a difference and the performance increase can be instrumented on a dyno and also with a wide band air/fuel meter. The stock carb is fine for the casual trail rider as well as the desert racer who likes to ride with his throttle wide open and doesn't worry about falling / flooding his bike. If you're an agressive trail rider and are frequently on and off the throttle, then you may find more value in the improved low end throttle response from the Edelbrock. If downtime is a concern from a fall, then you'll also find value in the Edelbrock because it's just a simple one kick start after a fall. If you ride at widely varying elevations and don't like rejetting your carb to get the most from your bike, then you may find value in the Edelbrock which is able to deal with elevation changes better than the stock carb. Some folks will say their bikes run just as well at sea level as they do at 8,000 feet without any jetting changes to their stock carb, but these same people are the ones who can't tell the difference between AM & FM. There's no better way to know than to find and 650r with a properly tuned Edelbrock and check it out. You may or may not find value in it, but I'm happy with mine.

Torqd I'm looking for an Edelbrock for an xr650r.

Don't do it. Ride it for a while before you decide to get rid of the pumper carb. Once you get rid of it you may end up kicking yourself for sacrificing all the benefits that it brings over the stocker. If you are trying to get the most out of your bike with the pro tapers and new pegs you will most likely also perfer the pumper already on the bike. If you do decide to get rid of it you won't have any trouble getting a taker here.

I wouldn't even think about selling it.

First and foremost I must say that I am a proud BRP owner again. Back in December I decided to sell my '01 because my buddies all ride ORANGE and they talked me into going to the darkside. I had 250exc 2 stroker for 2 months and that was enough for me.

Any way I found a pretty clean '02. The guy had a pumper carb on it. I have done a search and read up on how well the Edlebrock works but I never had any problems with my '01 starting, even after a tip over. Hold the throttle wide open with the comp. release in, kick it through a few times to clean it out and it always fired right up. Is the throttle response that much better? I'm thinking about selling the carb to finance some other goodies that I would like to put on the bike, IMS pegs, applied top clamp and some pro tapers. Would this be a foolish thing to do? Thanks

Is the carb an Edelbrock? If you decide to sell it I have a friend who would buy it if the price is right. :)

Damnit! You guys just ruined a cheap deal for me. LOL...oh well. Dude honestly keep the carb. I don't have one but everyone is so hellbent on how it out-performs the stocker it can't be bad. Give it a whirl.

Lets put it this way. If mine broke or fell off, I would buy a new one and wait before putting on the stock carb. For me its night and day. Besides all the good stuff ie: Horspower, Starting, elevation, does not flood. Just the fact it does not die when opened up when idleing ( hesitation). The first day I rode it with EBQS I was going up a muddly, rocky hill climp. I dumped it which caused be to roll to the bottom of the hill while the bike clung to the hill. My pig was upside down, Wheels on the high side tank on the bottom gas spilling out the breather, engine running, back wheel still spinning. By the time I got back up to it, it had been running for about 45 seconds. I pulled the clutch picked it up and pointed it down hill and rode it away. My point is this thing will run upside down for about a minute. Never with the old carb would that happen. I would have kicked it for about 10 minutes.

With a testimonial like that......... I'll take two please :) Come on Rob hurry up and get me my carb :)