HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twellis22

YZF Seat Cushion

8 posts in this topic

Anyone have an idea on how to make the YZF seat more comfortable? It’s like sitting on wood.

Thanks

2003 YZ450F

I pulled the cover off and on the inside pading I drilled lots of holes under side but not all the way threw now it's cushie :)

I'd buy a new foam and a gripper seat cover. I love Guts Racing foams but I've heard factory effex and SDGs are really good too. If you mostly trail ride, go with the soft ones. For seat covers, I'd go with the Factory effex B3... Great quality. Many other cies sell some: ceet, n-style , SDG. .. almost endless.

HTH

I hae installed the SDG seat on my bike. I got the taller seat foam but the seat is still hard as a rock. I have had on my bike for about a year now and it has not gotten any softer.

Anyone have an idea on how to make the YZF seat more comfortable? It’s like sitting on wood.

Thanks

2003 YZ450F

Why are you sitting? Just kidding.....Ceet/FX/nStyle all have tall seat foam -

SDG has complete seat - I have SDG and like it - 80.00 for a complete seat....

I had a Moose seat, which is the same as a SDG , but it was too thin. I drilled the cushion as stated before, and it works wonders. It's a free mod. If you don't like it, you really haven't lost anything right? A lot of the KTM guys I ride with do this as well.