HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny34

Leaking coolant, but not from weep.

4 posts in this topic

I've done a few searches about this and found a lot of references to coolant leaking from the weep hole at the bottom of the water pump housing. I'm seeing coolant pooling and dripping from where the Y-pipe tube from the radiators connects to the top of the water pump housing. There is just one bolt that holds this y-pipe in place and an o-ring between the y-pipe and the housing.

I was going to drain the fluid and replace the o-ring unless any of you have other suggestions. Should I use some RTV high temp sealant as well? Should I pull off the water pump housing and replace that seal too?

FYI: This is an '05 WR450F with all the free mods and 75 miles on the odometer.

Yes and you may want to put a new o-ring and some silicone sealant around that pipe fiting above the o-ring. :) Glad that the fix helped you out as well Wakin. :)

I had the same problem quick fix no biggie local napa or dealer will have the o-ring and you probably all ready have a tube of silicon around don't you :) it is an annoying leak but a simple one nice job in tracking it down just think how much they would have laughed at the dealer :D knowing what was wrong and charging you a minimum shop fee of course. :) no big deal glad to hear that is all it was. :p

CAREFULL....8mm bolt and very easy to strip,

snug then 1/4 turn has always been good with me and then during your preride and your checking over everything just ad that in to your check list.