fork seals leaking like sive?

After having my 05 WR450 for 2 months the fork seals blew on both forks with heavy bleeding so ofcourse I had them replaced. Now 2 months after that the right one is leaking like a sive again, what the hell is going on. I clean my forks after every ride and clean under the dust seals every other ride. Suggestions please???????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Your forks seals are probably not blown, just dirty. I started cleaning mine about 5 years ago when they would start leaking and have not replaced a fork seal in that time.

Clean off the outside. Pull your fork guards and the fork guard guides, slide the dust seal down. Hit the forks with some brake parts cleaner or contact cleaner. Wipe off the dirt, then use a business card and slide it up between the seal and fork, run it around. I do this step several times with a clean edge of the business card. Put everything back together and ride.

After having my 05 WR450 for 2 months the fork seals blew on both forks with heavy bleeding so ofcourse I had them replaced. Now 2 months after that the right one is leaking like a sive again, what the hell is going on. I clean my forks after every ride and clean under the dust seals every other ride. Suggestions please???????????????????????????????????????????? ?

It's nothing unusual. Many new 450's have blown out the seals early on as did mine. Resealed, revalved with Racetech Gold Valves (the best mod I've done yet!!) and put a set of seal savers on-No more problems ?

Shawnery,

Dont you pay attention in SBR class?!

I posted about my sealsavers doin' the trick. Pull dust seals, clean between oil seal and fork tube with 35mm film negative, put back together, then install sealsavers.

Sweet track vid's btw! ?

I agree with Endurodog's cleaning above. Only difference, I use old 35mm film negatives instead of business cards. It will not get weak when it is wet and the little slots help to remove the dirt. Has worked for me on a 2001 WR250. Anytime it starts leaking, I just clean and it stops leaking until I get muddy again. Never have replaced the seals.