TT sprocket shootout

I have had an Ironman front sprocket for about a year now. It's holding up great. For the rear I have been using Primary Drive and put it on at the sametime I put the Ironman on. The Primary Drive is showing some wear but for $15 from Rocky Mountain it still is a great sprocket. If Primary Drive had the 13T front I would have bought one.

I tried Renthal on mine. Toasted in 300 miles. You gotta take location into account when buying "hardcore" products. Jonny is from New england just like me. Tons of clutch/torque action in these tight trails. Constantly on and off the gas, demanding alot from the drivetrain. Johnny I've been using the Moose Chomoly steel sprockets and a DID VM X-ring chain. The mooses held up well but I'm certain theres a better product out there. Personally I would stray from the sidewinder. I've heard some people say they're great and alot of people say they're overpriced junk. Majority rules. Everyone, has been happy when they switched to Ironman from what I've read and heard. Give them a try and post your findings down the road/trail.

What about the stock chain/sprockets on 650R, how do they compare pricewise and lifespan to the aftermarket stuff? My 00650R is about due for new chain/sprockets, I have been running the stock stuff for 4.5 yrs with countless trips to the local dez and about 1800 miles in Baja. Needless to say I am happy with their lifewear and would consider stock again.

• 2 weeks later...