HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bushman06

Zip-ty fuel Screw

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone else experienced their zip-ty fuel screw vibrating loose? I have had to remove mine and put the stock one back in as it kept throwing my fuel mixture off when riding? :)

Yep....to the point where it fell out and I lost it. I bought another one (not a ZipTy) that I'm going to give a try this season.

I did read somewhere that you need to make sure they get seated all the way. Could have been what happened to me :)

May be a small drop of removable loctite on the threads will prevent the screw from coming loose. That's what I did and it seems ok.

i have a kouba link screw,just to make sure i put a small o-ring around the shaft and started threading it in then stuffed the 0-ring up into the hole. it gives just enough resistance :)

A carb tuning rule of thumb is...more than 2 turnsout, go to a bigger pilot; less than 1 turn, a smaller pilot. Guys that have run more than 2.5 turns out report the loss of the mixture screw....

my fuel screw cant be turned w/o pliers. BUT my fuel screw is also blocked from normal access because of the cam chain tensioner. I don't like the zip-ty fuel screw...

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

I used the stock spring as well as the silver washer and black O ring washer?

I only had it 1.5 turns out but it was loose in the housing. the only time it feelt secure was when I screwed it all the way in.

Do you know if they have remodified the screw and i my have an older model?

I use the MSR fuel screw in both my bikes. They don't seem to fit as tight as the stock screw but I have never had a problem with them moving.

I am using a Storm. It has a "lip"on it with an extra O-ring. I was told it keep the screw from falling out. no problems yet, with my 05 wr450.

I've had the screw in 3 bikes and had the screw turned out 2 3/4 turn and it was not loose.