Woodward Specialties Decomp. plug

i was wondering if anyone has tried this brand before? If so are they any good?

Is it aluminum, steel, titanium? if it uses the original retention bolt and seal it will work fine.

Its made of wood..

just get the TT decomp plug. i got mine on monday. very nice. good fit and it looks good too.

Ditto.

I mean, if the thing is like $10 with shipping, then it might be worthwhile to look into it, but for $20 you can get the TT plug. It works, looks good, and helps support the site.

Im ordering one from tt today then i will be able to finish up my bike, it has been apart for over a month. Thanks for the help guys

I ordered the TT also. I didn't blow out my 03 or 04, but I'm just gonna' keep it in my toolbox for peace of mind.

Or....

You could take the approach I did, and have your kid whip a couple of them out in Metal Shop for under $5 worth of aluminum dowel. Actually, it was kind of cool, because it gave me a chance to teach him how do draw up a project like that, and how to tell what's critical, etc.

You could take the approach I did, and have your kid whip a couple of them out in Metal Shop for under $5 worth of aluminum dowel.

That's actually the approach that I'd use too. Any excuse to buy a tool... I'll spend $300 on tools to buy $30 in material to fab a $20 part.

My excuse is that I can now make as many as I want (even though I'll only need one or two) :)

Only problem is you need some kind of pattern, and since the '03+ bikes don't have manual decomp, there's nothing on the bike that can be used.