HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Apjon

My Yz426 -00 won't rev.....

13 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have a problem with my yz426 -00. It will start up OK and idling is no problem either. It's when I try to give it some gas it just won't rev... I have changed the sparkplug and removed the carburetor and cleaned it, checked for airleaks but I can't find any problem... Please Help!

What does it do? Does it fall on its face and die? Keep running but loads up? Spit and sputter.... Did it do it before you cleaned the carb or after? Did it get worse and worse or did it just stop reving?

Hello!

I have a problem with my yz426 -00. It will start up OK and idling is no problem either. It's when I try to give it some gas it just won't rev... I have changed the sparkplug and removed the carburetor and cleaned it, checked for airleaks but I can't find any problem... Please Help!

make sure you did not put the slide plate in backward on the carb

Also

If the Bike will not rev, go and check all the wiring make sure that all is plugged into the correct connects. The CDI controls High alow speed as well. If it is burbeling when trying to rev then this could be an issue

Well... I drove it a week ago and it worked just fine, then I cleaned it off, started it and warmed it for a while, then week later it's just bad.. It won't die, but it won't rev either... Idling is normal.... :)

Well... I drove it a week ago and it worked just fine, then I cleaned it off, started it and warmed it for a while, then week later it's just bad.. It won't die, but it won't rev either... Idling is normal.... :)

If that is the case then I suspect you may have blown a connection off the CDI or got it wet and its corroded.

I will sy go over the wiring make sure each connect is clean. Pull each connect off wire brush it and place a dab of grease to keep it from corroding.

I seal my wires after doing this with silicon as well.

On last thing remove the Kill Switch from the Handle bar or unplug it (Temporary) See if it revs with the kil switch unplugged

My airfilter is new, I will go over all electrical connections next.. Thanks for all suggestions...

Hello, you probably have a "potato in your tailpipe" ie if you have a spark arrestor screen in your silencer its plugged with carbon crud, remove the insert and test ride

I just posted a thread and sounds like you have the same problem my buddy has. Dealer told him it was the CDI box and the throttle positioning sesor. So save yourself $300.00 and check those out

Another easy check is the diaphragm in the accelerator pump. It might be torn.

Nope we don't use spark arrestors in Sweden and the exhaust (FMF) is clean, but when I removed the light blue wire it came alive again... When I tested the neutral switch with a tester it seemed ok but obviously it has to be a some shortcircuiting in it when I ride the bike....