HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thelimeyone

04 yz450 how far on a tank of gas?

12 posts in this topic

I went about 50 mi on my 426 in very hilly terrain..I came in on fumes.

If you got a 450, you're dealing w/ 25 cc's more of barrel and one less gear. Winding out that 4th gear vs. coasting a 5th im sure eats up a little more gas than mine.

My buddy ran out of gas at exactly 6 laps on a 10 mile grand prix course on an 05 yz450.

I have a 04 450 and I get about 18 miles per gallon. So with a stock tank you should get about 32 miles.

I just bought a Clarke 2.8 gallon. Has all the nuts embedded in the tank and a new gasket for the petcock. You DO have to wash the puppy out thoroughly as there were a lot of plastic shavings inside it. I got the natural color so you can see your fuel level easily.

Pretty cool tank. No more worries about running out now.

I've gone 35-40 miles on the stock tank a couple of times. Not much left though.

On the four speed, if you gear the bike a tooth of two higher so that the 450 low gear is the same as the 426 (it starts out lower), the 450 fourth falls 65% of the way up between the 426's 4th and 5th, and there is only a 3-4 mph difference in calculated top speed between the two bikes.

i have an 05 wr450 and i can do about 140 km on a tank. but thats on logging roads.

A stock tank will just last a 25 lap Main at the Sacramento Mile. But that is wide open throttle for 25 miles! Tdub