Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riderman329

04' Decompression plug

5 posts in this topic

hey in the past week i have had the decompression plug fall out twice, the first tim i was lucky and found the plug, we put it back in and took a pop top and safty wireed it over the plug then duck taped it.

friday night i put a new plug and i yamabonded it in place,

the second time witch was yesterday, i was sitting on the start line letting the bike warm up, not even 5 min of sitting the plug poped out and we could finded it. causing me not to be able to ride the 450

last monday i order 2 of the thumpertalk decompression plugs one for my 250f and one for the 450f, and the pulgs didn't get there untill sure enought saturday morniing when i was all ready on the road to the track.

my question to you guys was, why does the plug keep coming out. doesn't yamaha know they have a problem, and shouldn't it be repaired under a recall?

next thing is i saw a quad and i think it was and 05, but wherethe plug is at is not drilled out and repaclced with a screw. did yamaha fix that problem with the 05' bikes but casting it and drilling the hole? the past number on a 03-05 yz450f are differnt for each years!

thanks for the help

Check your breather tube for pinching or an obstruction. It's held to the frame by two light metal clips that can become crushed and pinch off the tube. I discarded mine and substituted zipties. Also be careful if you've added an aftermarket case protector that might fit too closely and pinch the tube.

Um Yeah this is a known problem, I never rode my 450 with the stock plug, i got the TT plug and have had no problems. Once you get that aftermarket plug in you should be good to go :)

On the 05 YFZ they fixed that problem but on the 05 YZF's they didn't. I would say check the breather tube! The ones formTT will take care of the popping out part!

I never rode my 450 with the stock plug, i got the TT plug and have had no problems. Once you get that aftermarket plug in you should be good to go
If the breather gets blocked with the TT plug, or if you don't correct the problem before you install one, you'll spit the cam box gasket "half moons" out like the '02 and earlier models did.