Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aedwards07

Should I get the 05?Or wait?

14 posts in this topic

So now I am thinking about keeping my 04 250f and getting a 05 450.I know that it is about 20lbs heavier than my 250f.But I was thinking that if the 06 gets the expected changes it will weigh as much as my 250f so it would be easier for me to switch between bikes.Do you guys think I should get the 05 or wait for the 06?

I would hold out the extra months for the 06, because if you get 05 and ride that for the summer, soon enough the new models will be out, and if they do get the expected changes you will only be kicking yourself for not waiting. Then you will want to trade in for the 06 and thats going to cost alot more money in the long run. But in the end its your decision to make, so what ever way you go, I think either bike would be a great bike.

So now I am thinking about keeping my 04 250f and getting a 05 450.I know that it is about 20lbs heavier than my 250f.But I was thinking that if the 06 gets the expected changes it will weigh as much as my 250f so it would be easier for me to switch between bikes.Do you guys think I should get the 05 or wait for the 06?

i have a 04 yz 250f and i want to go 450 aftet this season that dident even start yet.. but im going to wait for the 06 yz 450 just incase there is the alumframe and all the new changeds..

If you wait for the 06 and it doesn't have all the changes you can buy an 05 at a discount.

BTW: I'm glad I didn't wait. The 450 power is addictive.

Dirt RIder or Dirt bike claims the 06's will not get the Al frame, but that is not consistent with the normal 3 year redesign cycle, so who really knows. I've heard everything from BNG to Al frame, new engines, and silver plastic with orange graphics similar to the Yamaha logo scheme on some of the quad shipping crates and banners. Those would be some sweet and welcomed changes to an already fantastic bike!

I agree with wrookie. Wait for 06, see what the changes are and if the wait was worth it. If you decide later, "dam I wish the new bike came with more new things," you can always go to the dealer and snag the venerable 05 which we all know is a topseed bike. Besides, its not like you don't have something to ride until then. The worst that can happen is you wait and end up getting an 05 for one reason or another......Big deal, you end up with "one" of the baddest, lightest and fastest motocross bikes in the history of motocross!!!

Only problem could be that the new 06, if it gets all the changes everyone is talking about could have some bugs which would be ironed out in the 07 model. Then again, Yamaha make pretty good damn bikes :)

The 06 will be very late getting here, it will have aluminum frame, 5 speed. You might wanna wait. its gonna be bad-ass.