600R vs 650l

How does the 600 stack up against the 650L?Since I motarded my L I need a dirtbike and can buy a 600r cheap.Would I be happy?

If you like the older XRL, which some of us do, you'll definitely appreciate the XR600R. It's made for off-road. It used to be the king of Baja until the 650R was introduced. No BS. All business. No electric start, steeper frame angles, better suspension, lower gearing, no smog crap, etc. It's what a lot of us here try to make our L's into. I know I did. Just don't be afraid of kickstarting. Once you know the drill it's no problem, cold or hot.

You don't say what year the bike is or what condition??, never the less the later model 600,s are solid reliable machines with plenty of available mods & a better offroad only mount than even a highly modified XRL, (in my opinion). :)

In 91 they came with front and rear disc brakes. :)

It is an older 87 model but seems to be in good condition and all stock.My L is a 97 so I would image in 10 years there would be some changes.

Hmm, does the XRR have a different frame than the XRL?

Dave

The '87 model is a classic! :)

Older XR600's had twin carbs. A bear to tune but when they were right look out.

It is an older 87 model but seems to be in good condition and all stock.My L is a 97 so I would image in 10 years there would be some changes.

check the bike over very well. the 2 carb set up works very well but is a major PITA to fix if it breaks.

also, check the frame over very carefully, especially where the footpegs attatch.

there's no reason you can't get a lot of miles and use out of an 87 600R

You don't say what year the bike is or what condition??, never the less the later model 600,s are solid reliable machines with plenty of available mods & a better offroad only mount than even a highly modified XRL, (in my opinion). :)

Yep and here is what my modded R is (mind you updated the seat cover with and XRL seatcover)!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/torbreck1/133_3301.jpg

It's a 2000 model 600R with heaps of parts.

It starts 1-3 kicks, and goes hard.

I'm not sure you could find a more versatile bike - big power, cruise all day, fire roads, trails and bitumen. Great fuel economy - 16km/litre.

Put A Rev Box, Head Pipe, Exhaust, Carb, And The Proper Gear Ratio For Your Riding And You Can Hang With An Xr650r That Has Been Whooped Up. I Ride A '96 Xr600r And I Hang With My Homeboy's '04 Xr650r. How 'bout That?

went back a way for that in your face!!lol