Radiator Fluid??

I just bought a 99' yz400 last week...I haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet because it has rained everyday since I bought it...so decided to some maintenance to it before I start riding it hard...i changed the oil, and took off the radiator cap and could not see any radiatior fluid in it...what type of radiator fluid should i run in it?...also what are some other things I should check?

I just bought a 99 yz400 also, boy its fast! You will like it. I used distilled water with the specified amount of watter wetter in my radiators and it seemed great! The radiator holds 1 quart and 1/4 with 5 capfulls of water wetter.

just remember that if you live where it may freeze, use 50/50 of water/ethylene glycol. Water wetter provides no anti-freeze capabilities. If you are only going to use your bike in warm climates, then water wetter is great.

i run engine ice in my 450 and it seems to work extremely well....no mixing with water or anything else....just put it in and go....it'll not freeze unless u live somewhere where it gets colder than -25 or so....lol.. :)

i run engine ice in my 450 and it seems to work extremely well....no mixing with water or anything else....just put it in and go....it'll not freeze unless u live somewhere where it gets colder than -25 or so....lol.. :)

Engine Ice for me too. It's a no worry, pour it and go product. Used it in my 426 and it never boiled over. Using it in my 250 pinger now. Gotta love brand loyalty huh?

http://www.cyclelogic.cc/

Anything wrong with run of the mill prestone? I have used the premix with no problems. It's formulated for aluminum engines so I figured what the heck.

Anyone know what will happen if you run too much water wetter?

I am sure I used more than 4-5 capfulls when I put it in there. I havent ridden it yet so I still have time to fix it if something bad would happen.

I tipped my 426 to the side to drain out some coolant so I could install the water wetter and so my measure method was seriously flawed.

I put in way over half the 12 oz bottle.

Thanks, eric