HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noslo98

Is the electux stator a waste of money?

2 posts in this topic

I need a stator for my 03 450 but have heard nuthing but bad things about electux. Is it that worthless? i just dont want to spend $500+ on the e-line when i only use it once a month. and dont like how far it sticks out. Or does any one have one laying aroun they are not using? Last time i used 3 flashlights and a roll of duct tape to the front fender. The results are the pic in my avatar 14 staples and 7 stitches to the shin.I never said i was a smart one.

the eletrerx 45 watt works. Not streetbike like but o.k. there is very little output at idle ,and if you utilize a brake light,when you use the brakes ,the headlight goes away.

Off road with a simple headlight and once a month. it will work.Don't forget the ac voltage regulator or you will blow a couple of bulbs like me.

Last thing, my bike developed a steady throttle missfire after installing said stator ,and others have to. I went so far as to replace my cdi and coil. The only band-aid so far is to run with the TPS unplugged. My bike is a streetmotard, if you are off road only,you may never notice that.