HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Victor Champion

WR426 rear spring Q's

6 posts in this topic

Where can I get a new rear spring for my 2001 WR426?

The previous owner weighed maybe 150lbs.

I'm at 195lbs without gear.

What spring is recommended?

Where can I get one?

...and, How much should I expect to pay? :)

I ride mostly desert but am toying with the idea of going to the track with some friends every once in a while.

Prefered set up would be for tight technical trails, with hard braking and heavy acceleration. I like hitting some mild jumps also, not supercross stuff but 4 to 5 feet air is common.

Thanks,

Eric

I like the TT store or RockyMountainMC.com. Weigh yourself with gear before you choose. The manual has a good chart. I weigh about 225-230 with gear and chose the 5.8 spring - 1/10th heavier than 'stiff' in the manual. Works great and my sag can be set correctly. I forget the price, sorry. Installation was easy and took 2 hours, because I hadn't been that far into the bike before.

If you are under 220 w/gear, I recommend you check with your favorite Yam. parts person and price the stock replacement 5.7 spring. There are a few parts that are cheaper at Yam, like rear sprockets. Maybe the spring, too.

Jim

Im 200 lbs and I am going to get the 5.6kg spring from the TT store. They have a couple of different kinds available, and the price is right. :)

If you are 200, you may want to consider a 5.7. I weigh the same, and the 5.6 seems a little on the light side for me. It works, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely get the 5.7.

If you are 200, you may want to consider a 5.7. I weigh the same, and the 5.6 seems a little on the light side for me. It works, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely get the 5.7.

Are you at 200lbs with gear or without gear?

I didn't see a 5.7 listed. Just 5.6 & 5.8.

What brand do you recommend?

Are you at 200lbs with gear or without gear?

I didn't see a 5.7 listed. Just 5.6 & 5.8.

What brand do you recommend?