WR426 rear spring Q's

Where can I get a new rear spring for my 2001 WR426?

The previous owner weighed maybe 150lbs.

I'm at 195lbs without gear.

What spring is recommended?

Where can I get one?

...and, How much should I expect to pay? :)

I ride mostly desert but am toying with the idea of going to the track with some friends every once in a while.

Prefered set up would be for tight technical trails, with hard braking and heavy acceleration. I like hitting some mild jumps also, not supercross stuff but 4 to 5 feet air is common.

Thanks,

Eric

I like the TT store or RockyMountainMC.com. Weigh yourself with gear before you choose. The manual has a good chart. I weigh about 225-230 with gear and chose the 5.8 spring - 1/10th heavier than 'stiff' in the manual. Works great and my sag can be set correctly. I forget the price, sorry. Installation was easy and took 2 hours, because I hadn't been that far into the bike before.

If you are under 220 w/gear, I recommend you check with your favorite Yam. parts person and price the stock replacement 5.7 spring. There are a few parts that are cheaper at Yam, like rear sprockets. Maybe the spring, too.

Jim

Im 200 lbs and I am going to get the 5.6kg spring from the TT store. They have a couple of different kinds available, and the price is right. :)

If you are 200, you may want to consider a 5.7. I weigh the same, and the 5.6 seems a little on the light side for me. It works, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely get the 5.7.

If you are 200, you may want to consider a 5.7. I weigh the same, and the 5.6 seems a little on the light side for me. It works, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely get the 5.7.

Are you at 200lbs with gear or without gear?

I didn't see a 5.7 listed. Just 5.6 & 5.8.

What brand do you recommend?

Are you at 200lbs with gear or without gear?

I didn't see a 5.7 listed. Just 5.6 & 5.8.

What brand do you recommend?