New 2005 WR450F owner

nearly 40, 205 pounds with gear over 6 foot tall. No dates please! ?

Now that its out of the way, my KLR was a turd compared to the WR.

I have the YZF throttle screw on order and I was looking at the other mods in the referenced THUMPERFAQ area. Being a skeptic, the links are all for WR250's and earlier than 2005. The throttle screw from the dealer was 5TJ-14591-10-00, that also differs form the FAQ number.

It could also be total lack of beer or my vision but, I would feel a lot better if the references given were WR450 specific and year specific.

Also, I am a detailed pictures and crayola type of guy. Anyone have a good write up on the five mods being performed on a 2005 WR450 with lots of easy to view pictures?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Loren

Mesa, Arizona ?

I can't give you pictures or even directions. But I'm also a new WR owner, I have limited experience with dirt bikes. I just completed JD Jet kit and Fuel screw mod. Prior I also completed YZ throttle stop, Snorkel, Gray wire and New FMF pipe. I have never worked on a carb in my life. The directions that came with the JD kit are very good and hard to screw up. The search button on this forum is amazing. If you take the time and do the research before starting, all of these mods can be completed by a 12 year old (I'm not kidding when I say that). I've had a blast so far working on this bike.

P.S The bike is like a rocket ship now!!!!!!

had all 5 mods. power very linner strong pull to the top then.....today WB E2 silencer and i 'm having a hard time keeping the front rubber on the ground a totaly new bike snap the throttle 1/2 clip and hold on

DJ Red #4 168 main the rest are stock zip-tye 1 3/4 grey unpluged snorckle removed = butt kickn fun! ?

What part of Arizona? I am in east Mesa.

I would like to see the mods and how they perform.

Loren

Waaaaaay out west. Litchfield Park to be exact. I usually ride at the south end of the White Tanks. East Mesa? That's about, what...50 miles from me

;-)

Thanks for all the info! The bike is running good with only the exhaust and throttle stop mods. I rode for 3+ hours out in Sycamore creek this weekend. I stink at riding in the sand areas and avoiding Cholla cactus is a priority with me. I have had several rides where I had to stop, get the pliers out and remove the needles from my arm, hands and legs. I hate them with a passion.?

I had to cross the creek 5 times, was seat deep at one point and the bike ran like a champ. With all of the rain and snow melt, the waterways are soggy or flowing damned well.

I have not been on a dirt bike in years. I am positive that I started this ride with my A-Hole intact but returned to find it missing in action. I think the bike beat it out of me and tossed it out on the single track trail about 2 hours into the ride. I swear to god that it tried to disconnect my legs and arms too. I am walking around like an old cowboy today. :D

? All hail the gods of Ibuprofen!! ?

All hail the gods of Ibuprofen!! ?

LOL! You're more fit that I then, because I was toast after 90 minutes of bashing around in the desert. Seat time...need more seat time.

Back to the subject at hand...WR450s...does yours backfire when you let off the gas from high RPM?