HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bwsully1

2005, wr450f top speed

7 posts in this topic

first question ...with the free mods ie: gray wire, exht, ts..... does anyone know the average top speed with stock gearing. next question, i changed the mj 170 & pj 48 along with adding a 2005 "yz" adjustable needle. clip located three from the top. (california-bike) has anyone had any problems with this set up??

i have same setup, stock sprockets, free mods and 170 mj with red needle in fourth position. i got it up to 90.3 mph. not too shabby. plan on dropping two teeth in back and putting a 15 up front.

First ride after having the mods done (grey wire, yz throttle stop, JD Jet kit, baffle and snorkle removed) I was pulling away from my buddy's XR650L doing 80. I still had lots of throttle left. Important to note that I weigh in at 230 lbs. In addition to the massive increase in speed, my WR now climbs like a goat! Actually considering entering my first desert race at the age of 39! Just want to be able to say I finsished one!

First ride after having the mods done (grey wire, yz throttle stop, JD Jet kit, baffle and snorkle removed) I was pulling away from my buddy's XR650L doing 80. I still had lots of throttle left. Important to note that I weigh in at 230 lbs. In addition to the massive increase in speed, my WR now climbs like a goat! Actually considering entering my first desert race at the age of 39! Just want to be able to say I finsished one!

are you going to race district 38? i was thinking about racing superstition.

thanks for insight on speed, and not ready to race yet....first weekend with bike set up. will be traveling down to ocotillo wells this weekend for additional set ups. cool thing about this new bike is the nev. plate (dual sport ready). bought in cal in tagged in nev.......sweet......

Since you're gonna be in the area this weekend, you might want to check out the National Hare and Hound on Saturday. Race starts at 9am at the Superstition Mountain area (Dry Lake Bed).

I run a 16 tooth front and a 47 tooth rear on my 01wr426 as I ride on the road a lot (street legal kit), I top out at around 170 kph, at least thats where I let off, Bike still accelerating but reving too high for my liking