HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatertodd

Lowering A Xr650l?

5 posts in this topic

Hello there. I have a 2004 xr650l that I need to lower. I have already installed a White Brothers lowering link, whiched helped, but I need more. I need to set the sag , but I do not know how on this bike. Roughly how much will the sag adjustment give me? I weigh about 180 pounds. If anyone could help with the sag and any other lowering ideas, that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Did you lower the forks? I have read its very easy to lower them about 1-1.5 inches or so.

I am 6ft even so I am gonna leave mine high even though its tippy toes with both feet down, flat foot with 1

LOL

I recently lowered my forks 1/2 inch, lowering the center of gravity makes for better control in my opinion. These bikes have alot of "up high" weight. The lowering link is next for me, and I can sit flat footed.

my xr is lowered two inches front and back,back was done with a lowering link and the front done by slidding fork tubes up and different springs,the springs are a bit stiffer but the xr is way to soft in the front i.m.o.

check it out in the garage section

good luck,

drtlvr :)

Thanks for the advice. I lowered the back end, but not the front. I'll try sliding the triple clamp down, but still?? I would like it lower in the back. Will setting the sag more give me extra clearance? Thanks again