HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seldom57

1982 XR/XL 500r

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a 82 xr 500r. Im looking for a place other then my dealership to get parts for it. Does anyone know where I can get some new or slightly used plastics for one. I handed this bike down to my girlfriend when i got my drz400 and i want to fix it up a bit for her. Eventually I will upgrade her to a newer 250 but i figure fixing it up now cant hurt the resale. I was also wondering if I can go down to my salvage yard and get a front end off a newer bike to upgrade to disc brakes. I believe the 83 and up 600 had a disc brake. Are the steering stems the same dimensions. Thanks in advance to anyone who replys.

casey.JPG

Seldom...

I am looking for a rear chain guide for my '83 XR 500R. Cannot seem to find anything on the web, any suggestions on where to find this piece?

Allen