ProTaper frictionless throttle tube

Is it worth the $70?

Anyone have opinions on it's use?

I don't know if it's worth it...but it sure feels sweet! My son's YZ125 came with one when we bought it (used bike) and man does it twist nice!

Im looking at an alluminum tube myself and it appears that the Protaper product you are asking about would not be able to accept a hand gaurd, due to the wheel and bearing design at the end of the tube, I must have handgaurds, so its somthing to consider, the other one im looking at is advertised on TT's banner and has a removable cap for handgaurd installation, so im leaning towards that ......... :)

good point on the handguards, I'll need them soon too.

Glad I didn't spend the $70 and found out about that issue after

Thanks

good point on the handguards, I'll need them soon too.

Glad I didn't spend the $70 and found out about that issue after

Thanks

I use the oberg setup with handguards. http://www.obergsports.com/off_road.html The tube is $69 and you can get a handguard insert for another $19 or use the antivibration inserts($49) I really like this setup and the throttle is smooth and the tube is sealed from mud and sand. I have been using the same setup for a couple years now without any problems :)

Check with the TT store they may be able to save you some cash :)

ProTaper has an adapter for handguards.

You just have to keep the bearings in there clean and lubed every month or so. There is a bit more vibration than a plastic unit, but they do work good.

The throttle tube works very well, it is always silky smooth!