HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CheGuevara

650L -what's this casting for?

7 posts in this topic

I had planned on posting a small pic of this but apparently I can't?

Anyhow on the rocker cover of the 650L (when viewing the motor from the front) there are 2 cylindrical castings (side by side) immediately to the front and right of the motor mount. One has a bore in it but is blocked at the bottom, the other appears to be solid all the way through. Anyone know what these are a provision for?

Thanks,

-Mike

OK got the pic thing sorted -these are the 2 castings I'm refering to -outlined in the red box:

5445.jpg?phoW6KCBNfv3tkrJ

I think the one on the left is for the oil line and the right one is for the emissions tube---I could be wrong-

An additional oil line? Because the way it's cast there's nothing that will passing through it without drilling. There is a provision for a line on the left side of the motor mount, but I'm wondering about the 2 castings on the right side (as viewed from the front of the bike).

I think you might be looking at the rocker arm access "plugs" Older bikes seem to have a decompression lever and spring assembly, in that area- hope that helped.

It is, thanks. I wondered if it might have something to do with a manual decomp. Anyone know if it's possible to retro-fit a manual decomp to the XRL? I have a big-bore high-comp kit, and with the addition of an aftermarket cam (losing the auto-decomp) I'm concerned it may be a bit much for the electric starter.