HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rmu

00 426 clutch mod ?'s

4 posts in this topic

hey guys. Just got a couple questions about the 00 426 clutch mod. I need to do something with my clutch, and was going to do the 01 clutch mod, but then I saw a post about the tusk clutch kit. Will just doing the tusk kit fix my problems, or do I order an 01 tusk clutch pak with the rest of the 01 Yamaha parts to do it?

I dont know anything about the Tusk Fix. But my 2000 was a night and day change when I did the fix, It used to chatter real bad until the 01 fix then it was smooth as butter.

I ended up going to a rekluse Zstart clutch and to be honest I prefer the Zstart Auto Clutch. This will make the YZF a complete bike for woods. Dont care to much for it in MX (I ride maybe 1% MX anyway) but for the woods rider :):):p:D:D

the Rekluse is $429 if you get it from Rekluse, I have seen it as low as $380

the Fix is about $130 bucks depending on where you buy it and shipping.