Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keestan31

Yz400 Leak?

8 posts in this topic

I Just Bought A 99' Yz400 Yesterday...i Got It Home Took It Out For A Ride Around The Yard...not Hard Just Putted Around And Put It Up...went Back Out To The Garage A Few Hours Later To Find That Oil Was Leaking Out Of The Black Hose That Goes To The Top Of The Motor...any Suggestions On What It Could Be?

That is a vent for the cam/crankcase. Some spooge is normal. Lots of spooge could mean too much blowby on the rings ie time for new rings.

If you just bought it, i'd change the oil and filter first thing. That way YOU know if the levels correct and clean. I use the Rotella in mine. :)

I'd also go over all the basic maintenance items. Air filter, chain tension, chain lube, coolant, etc.

thanks for the info...i was planning on changing the oil and filter next week ....it was only about 3 or 4 drops is that normal?

I actually only had it happen a couple times when my bike was new... after the first couple of weekends of riding... everything was great... no problems... and no SPOOOGE...

I actually only had it happen a couple times when my bike was new... after the first couple of weekends of riding... everything was great... no problems... and no SPOOOGE...

Same exact thing for me...

Wow I've owned my bike for over a year :)

so it only happend to your guys' bikes when they were new? my bike is an '01 and still does it. i had my firned ride it and for some reason he believes it felt as if it were still brand new, hardly ridden. he also said that the clutch was extremely easy compared to his. is this all just nothing and normal or does it seem as if my bike has very low hours on it? i know it sat for some time but not sure exaclt how long. please let me know, thanks