HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
(742)

Steering stem bearings are locked up (HELP)

2 posts in this topic

Well it must be passed time to grease the bearings. Every thing i read about trying to remove these bearings sounds like a nightmare. Is there an easy way to do this without paying 100 bucks for a specialized steering stem bearing puller???????

Help, I have a race in two days...

Well it must be passed time to grease the bearings. Every thing i read about trying to remove these bearings sounds like a nightmare. Is there an easy way to do this without paying 100 bucks for a specialized steering stem bearing puller???????

Help, I have a race in two days...

Remove steering stem and take to someone with a press. (machine shop/auto repair etc..)Have the old pressed out and the new lower bearing pressed in. Remove the rases in the steering tube with a long chisle that the end has been rounded off (shape of inside on steering tube) I have a 1.5 -2 foot chisle for this. Remove old bearings as a set and install the new as a set - never use same rases....I have found that Yamaha oem bearings are junk. I prefer pivot works. Stuff them with lots of grease, install steering stem with correct torque spec (do not over tighten lower flange/spanner nut- as this is very easy to do) :)