650r muffler

Just bought a new '02 leftover last Fri.....took my first ride Sun. and I'm still grinning.

Rode it all corked up and it was still a blast. I plan on uncorking and greasing linkage and stem/changing fork oil for my next ride this Sun.

lots of great help on this forum and all the BRP sites but have only found a few bits about a muffler slip on. I'm liking the FMF Q2, XR's only, and Barnum (if he does a slip on only deal) I don't care for the disc tipe mufflers and want something quiet........any experience out there with these or any others?

Thanks!

thanks...I've had good luck with FMF on other bikes too, although they were 2 strokes.

One post on the Moriwaki exhaust said he had problems with the aluminum mufflers rattling apart.....I assume yours still look solid for you both to give a thumbs up

Yep - Hard to beat the HRC tip ?

Ditto. I just sent my headers and a new muffler to have them ceramic coated(silver polish color). I can't wait to have them back. I'll post a pic when the pig is done it's winter pimp prep....HeH..

If you want a slip on that is quiet and powerful, try the White Bros E2. I put that on my pig and love it. It has a quiet tip that meets the decible limits in CA, or you can put the performance tip on in about 2 minutes with a hex wrench. ?

I might also add that I have ran the stock exhaust, stock with HRC tip, and a FMF (powercore 4 ) I think. I like the E2 the best.

Chris

The cost for me to do my whole exhaust, (inside and out on the header only) was $75. Comes out a nice polished silver that doesn't need to be kept up. Works better than header wrap too.