650r muffler

Just bought a new '02 leftover last Fri.....took my first ride Sun. and I'm still grinning.

Rode it all corked up and it was still a blast. I plan on uncorking and greasing linkage and stem/changing fork oil for my next ride this Sun.

lots of great help on this forum and all the BRP sites but have only found a few bits about a muffler slip on. I'm liking the FMF Q2, XR's only, and Barnum (if he does a slip on only deal) I don't care for the disc tipe mufflers and want something quiet........any experience out there with these or any others?

Thanks!

I'm runnin the FMF Q,been on over a year,No problem's, Nice tone.... :)

I've alway's liked FMF product's,TMO

I'd have to give the Q a big thumbs up too. I've been running the Q and a PowerBomb header for two years now have had no problems. Mellow sound and awesome power.

thanks...I've had good luck with FMF on other bikes too, although they were 2 strokes.

One post on the Moriwaki exhaust said he had problems with the aluminum mufflers rattling apart.....I assume yours still look solid for you both to give a thumbs up

I am using the stock muffler and simply replaced the tip!!! Works great and costs less than a new muffler!

Here's a great site...

http://xr650r.us/xr650r_faq/#a

I am using the stock muffler and simply replaced the tip!!! Works great and costs less than a new muffler!

Here's a great site...

http://xr650r.us/xr650r_faq/#a

Yep - Hard to beat the HRC tip :)

Yep - Hard to beat the HRC tip :)

Ditto. I just sent my headers and a new muffler to have them ceramic coated(silver polish color). I can't wait to have them back. I'll post a pic when the pig is done it's winter pimp prep....HeH..

what is it going to cost to get that polising done?

If you want a slip on that is quiet and powerful, try the White Bros E2. I put that on my pig and love it. It has a quiet tip that meets the decible limits in CA, or you can put the performance tip on in about 2 minutes with a hex wrench. :)

I might also add that I have ran the stock exhaust, stock with HRC tip, and a FMF (powercore 4 ) I think. I like the E2 the best.

Chris

The cost for me to do my whole exhaust, (inside and out on the header only) was $75. Comes out a nice polished silver that doesn't need to be kept up. Works better than header wrap too.

glad to hear you are going with a Q pipe!! big thumbs up