Xr650l Melting plastics White bros e-series???

Has anyone experienced rear fender or blinkers melting with the White bros E-series pipe? I'm lookin to buy one! Thanks

Martin

Make sure you get the deflector with the pipe that keeps the exaust from melting the rear fender. I melted mine off prerunning the 1000. :) It bolts on with the thin plates. :)

I set mine up and the right rear blinker is very close to the pipe, enough to melt it. I bought a happy trails rack that mounts the blinkers on the rack out of the way so it wasn't an issue. It looked to me if you bought the correct shield for the pipe that it wouldn't be an issue. The shield you'll need is the 9-3 O'clock one. That way you'll protect your fender and blinker. The pipe is loud but the performance it gives is worth it.

Looking for a cure? Supertrapp IDS2, if you're wanting an aftermarket exhaust system with the adjustable disk system. For the Big Fat L, this is really all you need if you aren't doing any motor mods. Had 'em on all my XL's and with a little jetting work, they run strong. My $0.02

If you want a cheap fix that will not change the sound of the E-series, pop rivet a small piece of stainless steel on the fender. It works and it's cheap. If you make it small no one will even notice.

I have another solution on mine. The guy I bought my e-series from added a piece of stainless to the 180 shield and it works great. The standard shield will not keep your fender from getting black if you run a few disks. I am running 10 diskc and look at the fender its in great shape. I don't think there would be a melting issue with the stock blinkers look where the mounts are they are forward of the exhaust outlet. Here is a pic.

Hope it helps.

eseries.jpg

Has anyone experienced rear fender or blinkers melting with the White bros E-series pipe? I'm lookin to buy one! Thanks

Martin

Mine has that problem I had to buy another turn signal off ebay because of it. :) For now I am running no turn signals until I can figure out what to do to stop this from happening. I wonder if the new Eseries 2 has disks? It dosnt look like it does but maybe their internal? :) Its either that or go with flush mount trun signal like 1biglung has.

Do the Big Gun series pipes have this problem?

I am leaning more to the Big Gun Quiet or FMFQ to stay within park ranger limits and be able to trail ride anywhere in CA.

But...damn sure dont wanna melt my parts..ha ha

Do the Big Gun series pipes have this problem?

I am leaning more to the Big Gun Quiet or FMFQ to stay within park ranger limits and be able to trail ride anywhere in CA.

But...damn sure dont wanna melt my parts..ha ha

I dont think the Big Gun would be a problen. The exhaust goes out the back instead of out throught the disks and to the side like the e-series. I have not really checked out the FMF. The Big Gun look like a nice product and If I was going to buy another pipe I would go that route.