What clutch are you guys running??

I am getting ready to do a clutch in my 03 450 its not gone yet but i think its prob time to ditch the stocker. What are you guys running and do i really need to do a billet basket etc. How is the gytr clutch parts?

Ever think about an getting a rekluse? I got one on my 450 and I love it but I ride mostly trails.

Noi ride in the sand a lot doing drag race type stuff so thats not an option. I need all the power i can get with little or no slippage.

I bought the Hinson basket for mine. It works well, but I couldnt really notice a difference from the stock one. I would suggest that if you need to start thinkin clutch, then just put yamaha fibers and plates back in. If you need a new basket then maybe I would think to try the Hinson. I dont know that you will see any added performance in aftermarket clutches, I could be wrong, but this is from my experiance. I changed to the aftermarket basket because the stock one died, but thats really the only reason. Hope this helps you.

I would go Hinson or Barnett , they are the most prestigious and respected.

I would never put a Barnett clutch in a bike. I tell people that are purchasing a clutch at our shop to use the stock plates. I have had much better experience with the stock hardware as far as plates go than with anything else. EBC 's new clutch kits have caught my attention as well but I have no personal experience with them. As far as baskets go I'm fairly certain that the GYT-R basket, hub, pressure plate are all Hinson components. They look identical in person with the exception of the lettering.

I would never put a Barnett clutch in a bike. I tell people that are purchasing a clutch at our shop to use the stock plates. I have had much better experience with the stock hardware as far as plates go than with anything else. EBC 's new clutch kits have caught my attention as well but I have no personal experience with them. As far as baskets go I'm fairly certain that the GYT-R basket, hub, pressure plate are all Hinson components. They look identical in person with the exception of the lettering.
They are in fact. Depending on your dealer connections, you may be able to buy the GYT-R stuff for less, too.

The full Hinson in my 450 is without question the most perfect manual clutch I've ever had in any motorcycle. Are they worth it? It's hard to say, but I'll tell you this: They're damn good. :):)

I talked to one of the techs at my local yam dealer and he said to just buy a stock yamaha clutch because the GYTR and hinsen etc are too "grabby" feeling any oppinons on that one??

Put a stock clutch back into it. Best bet. But if you think you need new plates take yours out and measure them to see if they are outta spec. Its all in the manual.

Stay far FAR away from EBC. Or if ya really want to you can just give me the $100 or so that the EBC costs and then go get a Yamaha clutch. Cause either way if you get EBC you will be throwing money away. JUNK I SAY.

I have a Barnett in my YZ400. It is too graby. Feels like it isn't getting enough Oil between the plates. It gets better with use. But when 1st taking off for the 1st mile or so its real graby and screeches.

The shop i deal with said they could get me either a barnett or hinson basket for 199.00 os that a good price?

Anyone ever use the Tusk brand replacement clutch plates?